Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned veteran, strip clubs can be a fun and exciting place to spend a night out. However, it’s important to understand the etiquette and norms of strip club culture to ensure a positive experience for both you and the performers.
The most important aspect of strip club culture is tipping. Performers rely on tips for their income so it’s important to be generous and respectful in your tipping. Here are some tips for proper tipping etiquette:
- Bring Cash: Always bring cash to a strip club as most performers and clubs do not accept credit cards. Plan ahead and bring enough cash to last the night as it can be difficult to find an ATM in the club.
- Tip on Stage Performances: When a performer is on stage it’s customary to tip them for their performance. The amount varies based on the club and location but a good rule of thumb is to tip at least $1 per song. If you’re enjoying the performance feel free to tip more!
- Tip During Private Dances: If you’re receiving a private dance it’s important to tip the performer. The amount varies based on the club and location but a good rule of thumb is to tip 20% of the cost of the dance. For example, if the dance costs $20 tip $4.
- Tip for Special Requests: If you make a special request of a performer such as a specific song or dance it’s important to tip them for their effort. The amount varies based on the request and the performer but a good rule of thumb is to tip at least $10.
While tipping is the most important aspect of strip club culture proper behaviour is also crucial for a positive experience. For behaving properly here are some strip club tips:
- Respect Boundaries: Performers are there to entertain but it’s important to remember that they are people too. Respect their boundaries and do not touch them without their consent. If a performer asks you to stop doing something respect their wishes.
- Dress Appropriately: Strip clubs have dress codes so be sure to dress appropriately. Avoid wearing athletic wear hats or overly casual clothing. Dressing nicely shows respect for the performers and the establishment.
- Don’t Over-Drink: Drinking is a common part of strip club culture but it’s important to drink responsibly. Over-drinking can lead to inappropriate behaviour and can ruin your experience. Pace yourself and drink plenty of water to avoid over-intoxication.
By following these tips for tipping and behaviour you can ensure a positive and respectful experience at a strip club. Remember to be generous with your tips respect performers’ boundaries dress appropriately drink responsibly and keep your phone away. Enjoy the show!